I am using Ignite 2.7 with persistence enabled on a single VM with 128 GB RAM
in Azure and separate external HDD drives each for wal, walarchive and
storage. I loaded 20 GB of data/50,000,000 rows, then shut down Ignite and
restarted the hosting VM, started and activated Ignite and ran a simple
query
that requires sorting through all the data (SELECT DISTINCT <column> FROM
;). The query has been running for hours now. Looking at the memory, instead
of the expected ~42 GB it is currently at 5.7GB (*slowly* increasing). Any
ideas why it might be that slow?
The same scenario with SSD drives (this time 1 drive for wal and walarchive,
a second one for storage) finishes in about 5500 seconds (still slow).