Hi,

By default Ignite will handle only updates that were done using Ignite cache API.

I guess that you have already read next article:

https://www.gridgain.com/resources/blog/apache-ignite-transactions-architecture-transaction-handling-level-3rd-party

BR,
Andrei

9/3/2019 2:03 PM, bijunathg пишет:
Hi,
Our application wants to do SQL queries and writes on some cached data
(partitioned) and at the same time update some other non-cached data in the
same transactional context. We do not want to cache everything for
optimizing the cache memory footprint.

The data-store could be any RDBMS store. Both the cached data and non-cached
data are stored on the same DB schema (instance).

We can enable the Write-through mode for the cached data so that Ignite will
directly write to the store.
  Could any of you please advice the best practices to manage such a
transaction? How will we write the non-cached data in the same transactional
context? Does Ignite provide any provision to write the non-cached data also
to the underlying store within the same Ignite transaction?

Thanks