Hi,
As per link attached, to ensure primary and backup partitions are not
stored on same node, We used AWS AZ as backup filter and now I can see if I
start two ignite nodes on the same machine, primary partitions are evenly
distributed but backups are always zero which is expected.

https://www.gridgain.com/docs/latest/installation-guide/aws/multiple-availability-zone-aws

My question is what would happen if AZ-1 has 2 machines and AZ-2 has 1
machine and ignite cluster has only 3 nodes, each machine having one ignite
node.

Node1[AZ1] - keys 1-100
Node2[AZ1] -  keys 101-200
Node3[AZ2] - keys  201 -300

In the above scenario, if the backup count is 2, how would back up
partitions be distributed.

1. Would it mean node3 will have 2 backup copies of primary partitions of
node 1 and 2 ?
2. If we have a 4 node cluster with 2 nodes in each AZ, would backup copies
also be placed on different nodes(In other words, does the backup filter
also apply to how backup copies are placed on nodes) ?