All sounds good to me, just one question and two comments.

Question: Does jclouds (or apache in general) follow the Semantic
Versioning Specification <http://semver.org/> or the similar Apache
Portable Runtime Versioning Standard <http://apr.apache.org/versioning.html>?
 I believe in either a +0.1.0 change adds functionality but maintains
backwards compatibility.  A +1.0.0 change includes API changes that break
backwards compatibility.

Comment: I like cadences, but only as a *maximum *duration between
releases.  I think more frequent releases may be rare, but if you hit a
streak of new features or major performance improvements every two weeks,
it should be an option.

Comment: I assume nightly or continuous builds (like ant and
ivy<http://ant.apache.org/nightlies.html> or
other apache projects) can still happen.  Just like they say: *"Ant and Ivy
are using Continous Integrations systems to improve the development
process. Note that these are no official builds and they are not endorsed
or even supported by the Ant team. But if you have problems with testing
the latest (successful) build, you are welcome to post that on the
developer mailing list."*  This is a useful for dependent projects,
especially if they use jenkins or travis-ci matrix builds (which let them
test against both the latest build and the latest official release).

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Everett Toews <everett.to...@rackspace.com