From: Max Lincoln [mlinc...@thoughtworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:54 AM
To: user@jclouds.incubator.apache.org
Cc: d...@jclouds.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Proposal for Apache jclouds release cadence and 1.7.0
roadmap/schedule/RM

Zack - with semver:
"Major release" - breaks API
"Minor release" - adds features but does not break (existing feature) API
"Patch" - backwards-compatible bug fixes or performance improvements

So my expectation would be:
Patch cadence: ASAP at least for critical issues (especially for security
issues).
Minor cadence: Every 6 weeks
Major cadence: I'm not sure this is necessary, but if you think there are a lot
of breaking changes coming up you could say something like "we won't break the
API more than twice a year".

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Zack Shoylev