I'm developing an application that uses Camel + CXF + ActiveMQ that I want to
ultimately run on Linux. I'm doing the developing on Windows 7, so I need
both Karaf win and Karaf linux instances.

For the development I've created a Karaf-setup on Windows that has the
CFX/Camel/ActiveMQ-features installed. I'm using the generate-features-xml
and create-kar plugins to generate the features.xml as well as the KAR. This
works fine on Windows, i.e. when I drop the KAR-file into the deploy-folder,
my single feature gets installed (features:list shows it being "installed")
and started and the configuration file inside the KAR gets unpacked to the
etc-folder. Everything runs very nice and smooth.

For the production I've created a Karaf-setup from the
karaf-2.3.0.tar.gz-package. Installed it into Linux-virtual machine connecte
to internet and then installed the same CFX/Camel/ActiveMQ-features as I did
on the windows-setup. Then I've targzipped the stuff, and created a
RPM-distro from it and installed it on my Linux-server. Karaf starts ok and
runs ok.

However, there are couple of differences when I drop the exact same KAR-file
into the deploy-folder on the Linux-setup:
1) The feature won't start automatically, i.e. it is left on
"uninstalled"-state.
2) When I install the feature, the mvn:resolver complaints that it can't
find my configuration (from the configfile-element in features.xml) file.
The configuration file is properly in the KAR inside local repo, it has been
installed there from my local repo (on my dev comp) with type "cfg" and
classifier "config" and it definitely is found and works ok on the
Windows-setup.

Not sure if issue 2) causes issue 1), possibly. What could be the reason why
the resolver can't find the config-file on Linux but can on Windows? As far
as I can tell, my Karaf-setups on Linux and Windows are petty darn close to
each other; I might have missed to install some feature on Linux that I did
on windows but can't really think of any relevant ones.

My main application is inside one of the dependent bundles of the feature
and starts running from the Activator.start. It always starts automatically
ok on the Windows-setup when dropping the KAR into deploy-folder but
obviously not on the Linux-setup as feature doesn't get installed.

Any ideas why this difference in behavior?