I'm using the latest published version, 2.3.0.

If it helps, I can create a test-KAR for you once I get back to office on
7th of Jan. I can just include for example joda-time.jar into the KAR, that
is enough to demonstrate the issue.

Note that I'm using child instances and NOT the root instance, so maybe
there is a difference?

What I'm doing is this:
- Download Karaf 2.3.0 on a computer connected to internet.
- Create a child instance called "template"
- Start & connect to child instance and then add features to it, like CXF,
Camel and ActiveMQ.
- Then I shutdown the whole thing.
- Then I zip the Karaf folder and move it to internal computer without any
internet connection and unpack it there.
- Then I start the root instance, and clone the template to "prod1" and then
start it.
- And then I deploy the KAR-file into this prod1-instance. And as I said,
the jar-files inside the KAR do get unpacked into the prod1-instance system
folder, but the won't get activated, that's the problem. If I just deploy
all the bundles separately into the deploy-folder, everything works, but
that's not the way I'd like to make the deployment.