Achim Nierbeck wrote
> 4) Re-Package the spring-dm bundles or alter the Manifest for the version
> Range. This can either be achieved with 1) using the maven-shade-plugin
> and
> an adapted Manifest file that "widens" the import range to [2.5.6, 4.1) or
> [2.5.6, 5). Another possibility, alter the Manifest of the spring-dm
> bundles by adding a Fragment bundle to it that does "widen" the import
> range. Only downside of this approach, we don't know how good spring-dm
> really works with Spring 4

Hi Achim,
would that imply using spring-dm as a compile dependency vs. the one
provided by Karaf?

Clearly, using only Blueprint is the safest and cleanest way. It's just too
bad that with that we lose all the power of Spring configuration
(annotations, primarily), and we'd have to go back to "manually" wiring
everything via XML in Blueprint.  The Blueprint Annotations project is far
from being mature and reliable, it seems. Also, I wouldn't want my Java code
to be OSGi-specific, while it is perfectly fine to have Spring dependencies
in the code since Spring has pretty much been enterprise Java standard for
years.