I am not sure if I am helping here but the spring-dm feature depends on
spring [2.5.6,4) as seen below

root > features:info spring-dm
Description of spring-dm 1.2.1 feature
Feature has no configuration
Feature has no configuration files
Feature depends on:
  spring [2.5.6,4)

so I think uninstalling Spring 3.2.4.RELEASE is going to cause you problems.
This is also a concern to us as we have significant investment in Spring +
(camel +other) and we don't have a clear migration path post Spring 3.

I can also testify to a fair amount of frustration in getting a particular
version of Spring to run. Our approach was to redefine (override) the
default Spring features and their versions in a custom features file.