Achim and Tim, thank you for your help!

Achim Nierbeck wrote
> yes this setup looks good to me,
> just one "note", don't know if you're already doing it, for the camel part
> make sure it is all blueprint / JavaDSL for the Camel route :)

Yes, I always use JavaDSL to define Camel routes. In Spring configuration, I
simply define camelContext <package> to enable package scanning for route
builders.

Achim,
I will investigate/try some of the options you are suggesting. Everything
seems to work with Spring 3, and if I can use that, it seems to be the
easiest option. But if I have to use Spring 4 (which may be the client's
requirement) I'd have to find ways to work around it as you have suggested.
Thanks again for taking the time to help!!