Hi,

I pretty much agree with all of your points. But there are some ways of
working around the "documentation/build" part of Docker images. It is
actually possible to have a pom-only documentation for a Docker Image. With
the right Plugins you have the same as the Docker file. Though I regard
such solutions only feasible for testing to make sure Continous Integration
with more than one Container works. Otherwise I'd rather stick to Pax Exam
with Karaf as Integration test.

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member