It sounds good, and it's what I leverage in karaf-boot (with the @jpa annotation which creates the persistence.xml for you).

Hi Jochen,

yes this is correct. Aries JPA 2 only uses the annotations.
In addition I am currently working on a new Aries Transaction 3 that
will then also only use the jta 1.2 annotations.

This means that the whole JPA/JTA setup will then be based on the
standard set of annotations. The advantage is that you do not need any
Aries specific imports in your bundle.

I will also release a new maven-blueprint-plugin version that is adapted
for the new JPA and JTA versions and creates the blueprint xml from CDI
+ JEE annotations. So in the end you can use blueprint with almost the
same set of annotations like JEE.

Christian