It could make sense to keep "backward" compatibility with both annotation and XML elements.

I will chat with Christian about that.

On 09/16/2015 04:50 PM, jochenw wrote:
Hello Christian,

ok, then my expectation was wrong, that the mechanisms to use annotations or
definitions in xml always exist in parallel, and one can use the one or the
other.

So if up to now one decided to use the blueprint.xml file since annotations
were still in experimental state, it is not possible to completely continue
with that, since the xml support for some functions is discontinued (here
jpa:context). These things need to be defined via an annotation.

Will Aries Transaction 3 also be "disruptive", i.e. tx:transaction
method="*" ... will no longer be supported? Is quite handy if I want to have
transaction activated for all methods in my persistence bundle, without the
need to have an annotation for each method.

Please don't get me wrong - it's not a complaint. I just haven't expected
that blueprint xml support for JPA is deprecated, and want to make sure that
it is really like this - to we *have *to switch to annotations for JPA and
maybe JTA (in future). (The Aries documentation still tells that blueprint
annotations is prototype work ...)

Best Regards,

Jochen