Hi,

[This is out of order, but the mail I sent previously got bounced back to me,
and I only noticed it now.]

> Christian outline the ideas below, I just want to add that imho, the point
> point is that mvn urls actually abstract the real location.  Thus, you can
> change policies without having to modify the content of the repositories.

Yes, this is very nice, but IIUC, this was developed by pax url. I am sure that
the same could be done for OBR. I do not believe that this is or ever was part
of the maven spec. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

> One additional thing that Christian did not mention is the fact that all
> maven artifacts are cached to the disk.  That’s possible, because the real
> urls are abstracted.

Ditto. Something that could also eventually be developed for OBR as well.

> If we were to use plain http urls, even if the xml repository would contain
> resource with relative urls (which is not permitted by the spec), we’d loose
> lots of those benefits, and you'd still need a "repository" to hold both the
> xml repository and the bundles.

No doubt.

Cheers,
=David