I figured out the issue myself. But don't know if it's a bug of the resolver
or supposed to be like that.

2 problems:

1. Features listed under the startupfeatures-Tag will be processed by the
resolver of the karaf maven plugin. However features listed under the
bootfeatures-Tag are not processed by the resolver. (or maybe the resolver
can resolve all dependencies because application and karaf features lie on
the path in that situation...) So moving the application feature to the
bootfeatures would solve the problem. However I like the validation and
don't regard my application features as boot features...
2. If my application feature includes a non-osgi-jar-file, than the karaf
wrapper will be added to the feature dependency list. That leads to the
validation/build error I listed in the original message (the karaf wrap
feature needs a logging framework which is absent from by application
feature...). In my case the jinject-bundle caused the problem. Using a
correct osgi-bundled version of jinject (e.g. as provided by glassfish)
solved the issue. Is this a bug?

Maybe this information is helpful for other guys facing the same problems.

PS: The problem maintain under Karaf-4.0.4