OK,

thanks both of you for your response! I forgot to mention that I am using
the 'OSGi JAX-RS Connector' v5.3.1 from EclipseSource.

So one can use the config admin to set the 'root' path as follows:

/config:property-set -p com.eclipsesource.jaxrs.connector root /foo/

This works for root paths like '/abc', '/ab' and '/a' - but not '/' alone!
When I use '/' as root path value I cannot call http://localhost/abd/def.
This seems to be a bug in the implementation.

Moreover, configuring the 2nd config admin parameter 'publishDelay' results
in a ClassCastException...

So I guess I have to contact Holger Staudacher (OSGi JAX-RS Connector /
GitHub).

Thanks for your help!