Also to consider: ECF provides an impl of the OSGi R6 Remote Service/Remote Service Admin specifications [1] with pluggable distribution providers [2].

Our Jax-RS provider [3] uses/is based upon CXF (or Jersey).

Scott

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Communication_Framework_Project
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Distribution_Providers
[3] https://github.com/ECF/JaxRSProviders