I started with blueprint but today I am almost exclusively using
declarative services. DS is a lot more dynamic than blueprint. So it causes
less issues in OSGi as it adapts better to changes. DS is a bit of a
learning curve but is very well worth the effort.

One isue with DS is that it does not have special support for JPA or CXF.
For JPA you will not be able to use the @Transactional annotation but there
are good solutions for it like the Aries JPA JPATemplate or Aries
tx-control. For CXF you can use either CXF-DOSGi or Aries JAX-RS whiteboard.

http://enroute.osgi.org/services/org.osgi.service.component.html
You can also find some hints about DS here:
http://liquid-reality.de:8090/x/CYACAQ .

Christian

> Hello All,
>

> what is the recommended CDI tool?
>

> Should I use
>
>    - the low level API (BundleActivator),
>    - Felix Dependency Management,
>    - Blueprint,
>    - or annotation based DS?
>
> I'd rather not use the first two options, i don't want to buy into
> anything non-standard.
>

> Guenther

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de