Hi,

> I would say, try DS/SCR first and if you have some limitation, you can mix
> with blueprint.

I definitely agree with the general statement that people should start with DS.
Using the low level API correctly is *hard*, and many of the examples using it
are bad. In the application space there are are few, if any, reasons to choose
the low-level API. One other point in favour of DS is that it gets regularly
updated in the OSGi specifications. Blueprint may be a standard, but the
standard hasn’t been updated to cover configuration, prototype scoped services,
or any new OSGi features from the last five years.

The other good point that JB is making (which may have gone unnoticed) is that
you don’t have to choose the same injection container for all of your bundles.
Because all bundles should interact using OSGi services you can use different
injection containers in different bundles and know that those bundles will
still work together - the way that they are wired together internally is hidden.

Regards,

Tim Ward

OSGi IoT EG chair
tim.w...@paremus.com <mailto:tim.w...@paremus.com>