Hi Erwin,

I ran into the same last night. I guess 3.0.0-M1 is new and has
issues/incompatibilities with the Karaf plugin.

The way I fixed it was to define the following in the pluginManagement in the
pom.xml or a parent pom.xml to force versions 2.5.2 and 2.8.2 for the install
and deploy plugins respectively:

        <build>
                <pluginManagement>
                        <plugins>
                                <plugin>

<artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
                                        <version>2.5.2</version>
                                </plugin>
                                <plugin>

<artifactId>maven-deploy-plugin</artifactId>
                                        <version>2.8.2</version>
                                </plugin>
                                <plugin>

<groupId>org.apache.karaf.tooling</groupId>

<artifactId>karaf-maven-plugin</artifactId>

<version>${org.apache.karaf.version}</version>
                                        <extensions>true</extensions>
                                </plugin>
                        </plugins>
                </pluginManagement>