Sorry, I thought you used both 3.x for Karaf and maven-install-plugin.

The maven-install-plugin 3.0.0.M1 (released couple of days ago) changed
the way to deal with project packaging. I have to change the way of
attaching the artifact by the Karaf maven plugin.

As workaround, you have to use maven-install-plugin 2.5.2 by explicitly
defining the version in your pom.xml.

On 01/10/2018 17:32, Erwin Hogeweg wrote:
> Hi JB,
>
>> ouch, that's a little bit old version of the plugin ;)
> Not sure which plugin you are talking about. As far as I can see 3.0.0-M1 is
> the latest available maven-install-plugin.
>
>> Anyway, you should define the Maven dependencies for this version of the
>> plugin.
>>
>> Any change to update to Karaf 4.x at least for Maven plugin?
> I am on Karaf-4.2.0… for the karaf-maven-plugin.
>
> Erwin
>

>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 01/10/2018 15:49, Erwin Hogeweg wrote:
>>> Hi -
>>>
>>> All of a sudden we are getting a maven build this error when building a
>>> karaf distribution. This started late yesterday and happens on multiple
>>> developer machines but not all. I have nuked my entire .m2 repo and
>>> rolled back to a version well before the issue started but I still get
>>> the same error.
>>>
>>> We’re kinda scratching our heads here… Has anyone an idea what is going on?
>>>
>>> [*ERROR*] Failed to execute goal
>>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:3.0.0-M1:install*(default-install)*
>>> on project my-distribution: *NoFileAssignedException*: The packaging
>>> plugin for this project did not assign a main file to the project but it
>>> has attachments. Change packaging to 'pom'. -> *[Help 1]*
>>>
>>> Karaf-4.2.0
>>> Java-1.8.0_92