Hi Brad

I know multiple Karaf use cases:
- embedded (I know in trucks, in the ESA spatial station ;))
- on prem
- on cloud

About hypervisor/cloud/container, I did a blog about
Karaf/Docker/Kubernetes:

http://blog.nanthrax.net/?p=849

So, what are you looking for ? A dedicated hypervisor for Karaf (a bit
like in Cellar and the kloud initiative I started).

By the way about the kloud initiative, the first action around this is to:
1. provide tooling for dev (easily create a custom karaf runtime
embedded business code, based on annotations for instance)
2. provide tooling for devops (easily create jar/docker image/tar.gz
turnkey to start powered by Karaf)

I would be more than happy to chat with you about the target ;)

Thanks for bringing the discussion anyway !