Thanks Johan,

I increased a whole lot of memory limits and swapped my jre over from IBM
Java 64 bit to a sun 32 bit. Because it was happening after 2 hours into a
load I didn't get to properly debug but so far the problem seems to have
disappeared, and I can't reproduce it now. I think it may be a symptom of
another problem somewhere else.

Will get back to you if I can find anything more.

Rob.