Having downloaded neo4j-apoc-0.1 to my Mac, I'm ready to start
up Neo4j and start playing.  So I go to the Getting Started Guide
(http://wiki.neo4j.org/content/Getting_Started_Guide) and see:

  This document will guide you through your very first Neo
  application.  It assumes that you're familiar with Java
  development and with the basic Neo concepts ...

I've run a few jar files over the years, but that does not make
me "familiar with Java development".  I'm happy (nay eager!) to
learn the the basic Neo concepts (in fact, I think I'm already
partway there, due to a nifty talk at OSCON 2009 :-), but I'm
not a Java developer and don't see why I should need to learn a
large (and largely irrelevant) set of skills in order to start
playing with Neo4j.  FWIW, I plan to program it in Ruby.

So, can anyone point me to a setup HowTo for the rest of us?  I
am willing to wordsmith one, if folks here will supply the raw
material...

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     r...@cfcl.com