Hi!

> Agreed.  I'm interested in (J)Ruby and Scala, but I could imagine folks in
> all sorts of languages wanting to play.  So, we should structure the docs
> in a way that can expand to handle arbitrary languages.  Complicating the
> matter further, we should also handle multiple OS platforms and development
> environments (eg, Eclipse, Maven).

I see som additional things complicating this even further.

Programming languages often come with their own means of documentation,
so in many cases you rather want to use that and not a wiki.

As for instance the JRuby project has it's own infrastructure adding
stuff to the wiki tends to get out of sync with the original sources. In
the Ruby case I actually have reduced the content on the wiki to a bare
minimum to avoid duplication.

So what I think is that in such cases, the wiki could provide links to
installation information and add any stuff that we find useful to help
people getting started.

>     Can assorted development environments could also be handled here?

For people trying out Java because of Neo4j this would be nice. Maybe
some screenshots showing how to add the libraries to the classpath and
how to make the API docs available from inside the IDE.

/anders

--
Anders Nawroth [and...@neotechnology.com]
GTalk, Skype: anders.nawroth