A side comment, since I think indexing relationships with lucene might be
good, but think there might be alternatives for your current example.

You said that the relationship property is a float from 0 to 1, so you
cannot use relationship types, but actually, when you consider that any
index is usually created by breaking data ranges (continuous or discrete)
into fewer, more discrete ranges, you can use a relationship type to
represent a range of floats. For example, if you have roughly even
distribution of floats between 0 and 1, try divide that into 100 parts
(0%-100%, or 0.01 to 1.00), and make a relationship type for each. This
would certainly facilitate traversing relationships of specific float values
(at least improve the performance dramatically, as in an index).

Of course, this example focuses on traversing from a particular document. If
you are searching for all relationships in the entire database with
particular float values, then a separate index would be better.