Hi list,

I have another couple of posts on the same series.

The first can be read at

http://digitalstain.blogspot.com/2010/10/neo4j-internals-file-storage.html

and it is an exposition of my understanding of the format of the files
that neo keeps its data in. It is a fairly big post that deals with
small details, so should anyone read it do not be surprised if it
proves to be reality incompatible. Corrections will be incorporated
ASAP.

The second is about the next level in the persistence subsystem of neo
and is here:

http://digitalstain.blogspot.com/2010/10/neo4j-internals-persistence-and-memory.html

I try to explain how the buckets of bits are translated to entities in
the domain of neo, how the memory mapping works and I dwell for a bit
over the light vs heavy issue.

Note that both posts where written in one stretch each after I
finished going through the code. I expect that at some points I may
have left out details that are not so clear for someone going through
the implementation for the first time. If you note something like that
(or any other errors, of course) please comment so that I can remedy
them.

Hopefully within the week I will have a piece about the transaction
handling and how that interfaces with the store and the NodeManager.
But to get there I have some reading to do.

cheers,
CG