What about the "partition" blobs into evenly sized shards and distribute them
over more nodes.
Then you can adapt this to the block size your neo4j-store is optimized for and
the cache penalties should be that bad.

Just link the nodes that contain the block data, but also make them all
accessible from a "blob"-root e.g. via numbered relationships.

And then retrieve the whole binary data via a traverser.

Cheers

Michael