On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Marko Rodriguez <okramma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Updated to  0.5-SNAPSHOT. Works. Great!
>
> Excellent. (Again: note that IndexableGraph and AutomaticIndex are slightly
> different in 0.5 than 0.4).
>
>> On a more abstract topic - I'm wondering it there's a good way to use
>> your domain objects in Pipes instead of vertices and edges?
>> So far I've just created a new Pipe<Vertex, T> that converts the
>> vertices to your domain object by referring to node id.
>
> The "trick" to Pipes is to build more abstract relations with lower-level
> pipes. So yes, you want to go from 'graph speak' of edges, vertex, etc. to
> 'domain speak' of people, companies, etc. --- for example,
> MyDomainSpecificFriendRecommendationPipe<Person,Map<Person,Integer>>. See
> slide 117 here:

Thats exactly what I did.

class MappingPipe extends AbstractPipe<Vertex, T> implements Pipe<Vertex, T> {
        @Override
        protected T processNextStart() throws NoSuchElementException {
            Vertex v = this.starts.next();
            return findById((Long) v.getId());
        }
    }

I'm just not sure if findById((Long) v.getId()); is the best way to
map. findById is provided by NodeFinder of spring data.

> http://www.slideshare.net/slidarko/memoirs-of-a-graph-addict-despair-to-redemption

I know that presentation! It still is one of the most comprehensive
graph presentations out there. If someone asks me graphs... what? I
usually send that link. Thanks :-)