Here is my motivation for this petition. In my ideal world, everything
in Neo4j REST server that returns a list, should be something like
RequestList or QuerySet, and supports pagination and even filtering
with lookups, so I could do things like the next (sorry for the Python
syntax, I'm always thinking of the Python rest client):

    >>> gdb.nodes.all()[2:5]
    # Perform the query to server to get the nodes between the 2nd and
5th position, we assume Neo always returns ordered results in the same
way.

    >>> gdb.nodes.filter(name__contains="neo")[:10]
    # Returns only nodes with a property called name which contains
"neo", and returns only the first 10.

This is important for the integration of the Neo4j Python Rest Client
in Django, because I'm currently developing an application with lazy
and user-defined schemas on top of Django and Neo4j. The listing of
nodes and relationships is a requirement for me, so the pagination is
a must in my aplication. Performing this in the application layer
instead of Neo4j server side, wastes a lot of time sending information
via REST.

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 03:43, Michael Hunger
<michael.hun...@neotechnology.com> wrote:
> But wouldn't that really custom operation not more easily and much faster
> done as a server plugin?
>
> Otherwise all the data would have to be serialized to json and deserialized
> again and no streaming possible.
>
> From a server extension you could even stream and gzip that data with ease.
>
> Cheers
>
> Michael
>
> Am 20.04.2011 um 08:41 schrieb Tim McNamara:
>
>> Data export, e.g. dumping everything as CSV, DOT or RDF?
>>
>> On 20 April 2011 18:33, Michael Hunger
>> <michael.hun...@neotechnology.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Javier,
>>>
>>> what would you need that for? I'm interested in the usecase.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Michael

>>> because it annoys us that it's not there."
>>> for the 1.4 releases.

Javier de la Rosa
http://versae.es