And you would want to reuse your connection so you don't have to pay this
penalty per request

Just asking how would duch a REST Resource iterator look like -URI, verbs,
request,response formats?

I assume then evety query (index,traversal) would just return the iterator URI
for later consumption. If we store the query and/or result information (as
discussed by Crsig and others) at the "node" returned as iterator this would be
a nice fit.

Sent from my iBrick4