Personally what I would like to see would be a sub-graph approach, with the
android device storing a sub-graph of the main database, and updating that
asynchronously with the server. Seems like something that can be done in a
domain specific way, but much harder to do generically. I wanted this for
OSM, with the local OSM graph on the android device representing a local map
supporting fast LBS services, and automatically updating from the main OSM
graph on a big central server as the user travels.