Further to an earlier posting I also notice this warning from neo4j which
sounds relevant..? Note that the application does continue and eventually
complete successfully having taken orders of magnitude longer than when run on
windows. This is running on solaris  -  any suggestions about what could be
causing this behaviour most welcome . Are there  issues with using neo4j on
Solaris?

Jun 30, 2011 10:58:59 AM
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.PersistenceWindowPool logWarn
WARNING: [./neo4j-advanced-1.4.M05/data/graph.db/neostore.relationshipstore.db]
Unable to memory map
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.MappedMemException: Unable to map pos=28593
recordSize=33 totalSize=104841
        at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.MappedPersistenceWindow.<init>(MappedPersistenceWindow.java:61)
        at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.PersistenceWindowPool.allocateNewWindow(PersistenceWindowPool.java:603)
        at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.PersistenceWindowPool.refreshBricks(PersistenceWindowPool.java:501)
        at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.PersistenceWindowPool.acquire(PersistenceWindowPool.java:128)
        at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.CommonAbstractStore.acquireWindow(CommonAbstractStore.java:526)
        at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.RelationshipStore.getChainRecord(RelationshipStore.java:327)
        at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.xa.ReadTransaction.getMoreRelationships(ReadTransaction.java:114)
        at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.xa.ReadTransaction.getMoreRelationships(ReadTransaction.java:97)
        at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.persistence.PersistenceManager.getMoreRelationships(PersistenceManager.java:108)
        at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.core.NodeManager.getMoreRelationships(NodeManager.java:604)
        at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.core.NodeImpl.getMoreRelationships(NodeImpl.java:403)
        at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.core.IntArrayIterator.hasNext(IntArrayIterator.java:98)
        at
com.nomura.smo.vcs.rdm.neo4j.AbstractBaseNeo4j.getSectorRelations(AbstractBaseNeo4j.java:42)

Sent from my iPhone