On 30 Jun 2011, at 23:42, Michael Hunger wrote:

> I would love to look into the memory mapping issues on Solaris.

There is no issue - just user mis-understanding of how it works - or doesn't if
ones database is located on an NFS file-system.  A little documentation on the
necessary preconditions would be in order perhaps.

Still have some other performance issues I don't fully understand - like why
when locating the database on a ram disk certain performance tests don'g seem
to run any quicker and exhibit low cpu utilisation as if they're still I/O
bound, but that will have to wait for next week.