ok I kind of answered this myself by looking at neo4j-examples ' pom.xml
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>neo4j-release-repository</id>
      <name>Neo4j Maven 2 release repository</name>
      <url>http://m2.neo4j.org/releases</url>
      <releases>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </snapshots>
    </repository>
    <repository>
      <id>neo4j-snapshot-repository</id>
      <name>Neo4j Maven 2 snapshot repository</name>
      <url>http://m2.neo4j.org/snapshots</url>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
      </snapshots>