Hi Daniel,

If you haven't yet, you should check out the work done in the Neo4j Spatial
project - https://github.com/neo4j/spatial - which has fairly comprehensive
support for GIS.

Data locality, as you mention, is exactly a big advantage of using a graph
for geospatial data. Take a look at the Neo4j Spatial project and let us
know what you think.

Best,
Andreas