As I said it is still used in the rest-graphdb-client which comes as a
drop-in-replacement for the core-api.

This functionality would go missing then.

Same goes for lot of stuff that for instance neography does with the REST
server to offer a quite fluent way of traversing the graph.

See here: https://github.com/maxdemarzi/neography -> Readme

n1.outgoing(:friends).incoming(:enemies)                  # Get nodes related
by one of multiple relationships
n1.outgoing(:friends).depth(2)                                       # Get
nodes related by friends and friends of friends
n1.outgoing(:friends).depth(:all)                                    # Get
nodes related by friends until the end of the graph
n1.outgoing(:friends).depth(2).include_start_node   # Get n1 and nodes related
by friends and friends of friends

n1.outgoing(:friends).prune("position.endNode().getProperty('name') == 'Tom';")
n1.outgoing(:friends).filter("position.length() == 2;")

We use this functionality also in our hosting provider to navigate the graph of
servers, providers, users, databases and servers.

If it goes away we have to rewrite parts of the hosting provider in something
else.

Cheers

Michael