On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Jacob Hansson <
jacob.hans...@neotechnology.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Michael Hunger <
> michael.hun...@neotechnology.com> wrote:
>
> > * custom traversals with complicated callbacks
> >

> This is really what my original question to Peter was about - what are some
> traversals like this, that we currently cannot do with Cypher or Gremlin?
> Can we extend Cypher to accomodate those use cases?

Well, Gremlin is just Groovy+Pipes, so there's nothing you can't do in
Gremlin.

If we're talking about Cypher, I have one for you: PageRank. PageRank
iterates over the data set a specified number of times, marking and
updating stuff on the fly, until it's happy and returns a result. It's not
hard at all to write using Gremlin, but impossible with Cypher. I can't see
a way to make that nice and easy with Cypher.

Andrés