There’s been work done on the cross-recommender. There is a Mahout-style
XRecommenderJob that has two preference models for two actions or preference
types. It uses matrix multiply to get a cooccurrence type similarity matrix. If
we had a cross-row-similarity-job, it could pretty easily be integrated and I’d
volunteer to integrate it. The XRSJ is probably beyond me right now so if we
can scare up someone to do that we’d be a long way down the road.

I’ll put a feature request into Jira and take this to the dev list

BTW this is already integrated with the solr-recommender.