Hi Juanjo,

> On 21.01.2015, at 11:20, Juanjo Ramos <jjar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Manuel,
> Thanks for the update.
>
> I'm using Mahout in a simple Java application myself. Following Ted's
> comment a few posts back, I was just concerned about the performance.

So if you have more than around 300.000 preferences for around 10.000 users it
will take some seconds to generate recommendations for users with a lot of
preferences.

Normally what you do is just down sample the preferences that a certain user
has to make it faster.

When I understood LLR correctly than it is a smart way of doing this
downsampling.

Another approach would be using a model based approach:

https://mahout.apache.org/users/recommender/matrix-factorization.html
<https://mahout.apache.org/users/recommender/matrix-factorization.html>

The following class contains an example:
https://github.com/ManuelB/facebook-recommender-demo/blob/master/src/main/java/de/apaxo/bedcon/AnimalFoodRecommender.java

<https://github.com/ManuelB/facebook-recommender-demo/blob/master/src/main/java/de/apaxo/bedcon/AnimalFoodRecommender.java>

> Is performance the only concern when using Taste or the algorithm's
> implementation has also been improved in the current implementations
> accessible via CLI.
>
> Thanks.

/Manuel

--