See this article:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6784463/error-trustanchors-parameter-must-be-non-empty

ManifoldCF web crawler configuration allows you to drop certs into a local
trust store for the connection.  You need to either do that (adding
whatever certificate authority cert you think might be missing), or by
checking the "trust https" checkbox.

You can generally debug what certs a site might need by trying to fetch a
page with curl and using verbose debug mode.

Karl