> On Jul 28, 2015, at 6:45 AM, John Omernik <j...@omernik.com> wrote:
>
> So, I don't mean to sound like a newbie here, but in running my current setup
> which has 4.6.3, (and I tried to run 4.8) how can I get Mesos 0.23 to
> compile. Is this something I need to change in certain files? In certain
> steps? Is this something that should be a bug in Mesos to handle the
> versions? Is this a configuration issue? I'd love to learn more about how
> this works, but would love some pointers here, and since my setup is fairly
> vanilla, others may also benefit from getting this to work.

AFAIK mesos requires gcc >= 4.8. You can force a specific compiler by setting
the CC and CXX variables to configure, eg. ./configure CC=gcc-4.8 CXX=g++-4.8.
In your previous message, it looked like configure was using cached values for
the compiler check. If it still does that try removing config.cache.