OK, the problem I spotted is related to the usage of the flag
—docker_mesos_image that allows the executor to

--docker_mesos_image=VALUE      The docker image used to launch this mesos
slave instance. If an image is specified, the docker containerizer assumes the
slave is running in a docker container, and launches executors with docker
containers in order to recover them when the slave restarts and recovers.
Has anyone used this flag and tested the behavior of the fetcher?

Thank you
Marica