Hello OFBiz-Users,

I'm just getting started with OFBiz and I am looking for a thread, wiki
entry, document, or video that gives an in depth treatment to the different
ways one could conceivably design one's product catalog.

The best series of documents I have found on the subject so far have been
included in the
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=145855&package_id=189005
oftaps user manuals .

I'm basically after a discussion of tradeoffs between the various ways one
could describe the same set of products. Amongst other questions, this
discussion would answer:

1) How is each product type different from the others in terms of the way
they're treated by the standard OFBiz applications?
2) When is it most appropriate to use sub-assemblies?
3) The product being sold has a *lot* of permutations, say on the order of
10,000 different possibilities. What is the process for deciding which
permutations should be features and which should be configurations?

Sincerely,

 - Jason