first I suggest you get the The Data Model Resource Book, Revised
Edition, Volumes 1 & 2" books referred
here
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Related+Books
this will let you know the abilities of ofbiz.
then read
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Catalog
Your questions would be answered differently for each industry.

jason_lunn sent the following on 12/4/2007 4:26 PM: