If I am getting it correctly, it is possible to have store setting (something like nsfRetry) that not to retry the CC. If CC is declined, customer will be sent back to the payment page again where customer can enter the new credit card detail. He/she does not need to renter the order. This is how it is working for me.

Alternatively, you can send a mail on order rejection to customer and asking them to add/modify the credit card. On next CC retry new card should be used. Though, I am not sure how it can work with CVV.

Raj

BJ Freeman wrote:
maybe a way to approach this is to allow a parm that can be set for the
store so the process is changed if the card is declined and send the
customer back so they can enter a new CC.

Dave Tenerowicz sent the following on 2/12/2008 12:21 PM:
Sorry, perhaps I was not clear. The issue is not retrying the same CC,
it is using a new CC to pay for the order

The scenario is that the card is declined and will never be authorized.
The Customer wants to place the order and the order taker simply wants
to use a DIFFERENT credit card number to pay for the order. As things
function out of the box, the only recourse for the user is to re-enter
the order (again) and associate it with a different payment method (CC
or other). This is what we need to avoid - it is too cumbersome for the
user

Thanks for any suggestions

-Dave

BJ Freeman wrote:
there is a service retryFailedAuthNsfs
it is automatically run every day.
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/availableServices?sel_service_name=retryFailedAuthNsfs

needsNsfRetry is set in the OrderPaymentPreference

look in
applications/Accounting/src/org/ofbiz/accounting/payment/PaymentGatewayServices.java

Dave Tenerowicz sent the following on 2/12/2008 10:28 AM:
In order to test default functionality when a credit card payment on an
order is declined, we changed the settings in Product Store, Payments
tab for Payment Auth service to alwaysDeclineCCProcessor.

Then we tested by creating an order and submitting a CC# as a payment
method. Of course the CC was declined, and the Order status was set to
ORDER_REJECTED, OrderITemStatus was also set to rejected. Since there is
no valid status change allowed from ORDER_REJECTED to anything else,
there appears to be no way to take the existing order, assign a new
paymentMethodId and reattempt authorization with a different credit
card. Is this true?

To remedy this, we could add an entry to StatusValidChange that allows a
movement from ORDER_REJECTED back to ORDER_APPROVED, modify secas.xml
and theoretically that should allow the user to select an alternate
payment method from the Order Detail screen and reprocess payment.

Is this the best way to handle this? The requirement is to allow an
order taker to switch to a different credit card if the first one is
declined - without having to completely re-enter the order.

If anyone has encountered this before, or has a suggestion about an
approach, that would be most welcome. Thanks