hi Sumit,
                 Thakx for the tip. In order to calculate the price of the
configurable item, do we have to write the code or is there something
avaliable OOTB which can be used. What do you feel is the best way to go
about it.
in the attached image , ideally whaen the user clikcs on some button the
cost of the product should be calculated and appear at the Amount text box (
marked in red )

Regards,
Rohit

http://www.nabble.com/file/p16467408/screen.png