Visit, http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+List
There is British Telecom listed in there as user of Ofbiz.

Regards
Anil Patel

On May 23, 2008, at 3:44 PM, BJ Freeman wrote:

quick answer
Subscription and Services are available though you will have to add data
to support you type of subscription or services

then installed products will take some work.
I suggest though you go thru the documentation
and understand how ofbiz works, since it will change how view the task
you have to do.
http://docs.ofbiz.org/pages/listpages-dirview.action?key=OFBTECH
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Framework+Introduction+Videos+and+Diagrams
if you don't have time then look at hiring someone that is familiar with
ofbiz.

skhalil sent the following on 5/23/2008 10:52 AM:
Hello to the community,

First of all, I am new to the world of ofbiz. But from what I have seen it's very promising. I am currently preparing a pilot for telecom- specific needs
and I have some questions :

In Telecom world, there is the notion of "parc" i.e installed products & services. It allows the customer to modify its installed services without reordering from the commercial catalog. There is the commercial parc (DSL subscriptions, Mobile subscriptions...) and there is the technical parc i.e.
: telecom platforms, devices and infrastructures that are used by the
commercial parc to deliver the service.

1- Is the idea of "installed products" is present in ofbiz? and if no, can you give me how can I add it (as an application? as a service? data to
duplicate?...)

2- I want to put in my catalog a "service" to sell like Mobile phone
subscription in a "pay monthly" or "pay as you go" fashion, so what type of product should I create and what are the attributes to use. For example : if you buy mobile "x" with 6/12/24 months subscription you pay just "y" for this mobile, but you can also buy it alone, in this case you should pay "z".

3- To support the subscription, there must be a "service activation" module, that tells : "hey, this customer has bought a 12 months subscription so give him the "technical" permission to use his phone and send him reccuring bill"s. I know that's a bit out of the scope of ofbiz, but, is this possible with ofbiz and if no, what is the best approach to implement this module
using the ofbiz framework?

4- More generally, is there out there a successeful ofbiz omplementation in the telecom area, and if anyone of you have tried to make a pilot, or have
been involved in a telecom-specific implementation using ofbiz.

Many thanks by advance for any of your answers/comments.

khalil