I finally think you could open a Jira issue, using the explanation you wrote below

From: "Anne Jessel" <a...@cohsoft.com.au>
Hi Ruth

No problems. Just trying to stimulate other ways of thinking about
things, in case there's a good reason for not changing anything, or
for changing things in new and different ways. I personally was happy
with the old way, and am just as happy with the new way.

Not having a preference makes me more likely to argue in favour of the
side no one else is supporting. ;-)

Cheers,
Anne.