Hi BJ:
I submitted a bug report. This is a bug. IMHO, themes should not disable this feature. For example, they don't disable putting a Title and Sub-title on the store's header. Why disable the dynamic logo replacement?

Just my 2 cents.
Ruth

BJ Freeman wrote:
Themes disabled the default way to customize a component.
like most things in ofbiz there are datafiles to be loaded to intialize
the DB. So at least and understanding of XML and XSD files are necessary.
to make a new theme you can copy any theme into a new folder and modify
the information.
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+-+How+to
have you seen these links?
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Visual+Themes+Gallery

Ruth Hoffman sent the following on 9/5/2009 4:38 AM:
Hi Erwan:
Understood, but that isn't my point. Unless I'm wrong, we have taken
away a feature that anyone with permission could accomplish using the
Catalog Manager and a form based interface and replaced that with a task
that requires the following skills:

   The user needs to either be versed in using a text editor *and* know
   what file to change and where to change it

   Or have database experience

In either case, they may also need to reinstall seed data. Not sure
since I can't find it documented anywhere precisely how this is suppose
to work.

Am I wrong? Is there a "Theme" design document anywhere?
Just my 2 cents.
Ruth